The Scholarship Process:
The purpose of the scholarship awards program is to select outstanding students who best exemplify the student community that cooperative education represents. Criteria for selection will include the following:
1. All students must be in the 12th grade, enrolled in a bona fide cooperative education program, and will graduate in June 2019.
2. Coordinators who are members of NJCECA as of December 31, 2018 are eligible to submit applications of student candidates.
3. Candidates must complete an application form (found in this brochure). The student’s coordinator must mail it to the scholarship chairperson postmarked by April 18, 2019. No additional materials are to be submitted with this application. This is simply an intent to participate.
4. Finalists will be required to attend a panel interview on May 16, 2019 at Passaic County Technical Institute (tentative location) at 4:00 PM and submit the following documents, in a folder, at that time. Two letters of recommendation from a school administrator, teacher, or counselor.
Letter of recommendation from the student’s employer.
Students applying for a scholarship are encouraged to bring a portfolio of their work
Optional documents (not required): Transcripts, awards, projects, photographs, ASVAB score report, etc.
5. Scholarship recipients will be notified through their coordinators. Each winner is required to contact the school sponsoring the scholarship prior to July 1, 2019. Each school reserves the right to establish fees beyond tuition for books, equipment, etc. It is up to the student to inquire as to the total cost of the school’s program and to coordinate with admissions to apply scholarship to tuition.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE YOUR STUDENTS TO PARTICIPATE. THEIR SUCCESS IS OUR GOAL AND OUR PURPOSE.
SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED FOR 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR. Click the link, below, to view.
1. Berkeley College
2. Capri Institute
3. Eastwick College; Ramsey, Hackensack, & Nutley campuses
4. Fortis Institute (formerly Berdan Institute)
5. HoHoKus School of Trades, Paterson campus
6. Lincoln Technical Institutes; Mahwah, Paramus, & South Plainfield campuses
7. Parisian Beauty Academy / A Paul Mitchell Partner School
8. Teterboro School of Aeronautics
9. Universal Technical Institute (UTI)
Take a look at the schools who offered scholarships to our students in 2018 / 19 !!!
Welcome to the 2018-201 Scholarship Page